The Idea

Large Scale Portraits of people with a lot of life experience that integrate the actual words of their stories into the lines and wrinkles of their faces.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Esther Stage 1

Here is the beginning of the Esther painting- the painted sketch that I will paint over completely. It may be hard to get a sense of the scale from the photo but, let me assure you.... it is big.... I'm thinking 4 X 5 feet may be a little too big, actually. It really is a challenge to get the proportions exactly right on this large a portrait. All those little details that makes a painting look like someone have to be in exactly the right place on this great big canvas, otherwise, it is just not quite right.

3 comments:

  1. Looks spot-on to me, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can nail it, you will. It is beautiful already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren-I know you have a 'vision' and You'll get it the way you like it....but....I LOOOVE this now. Holy F-ing S. TALENT!

    ReplyDelete