The Idea

Large Scale Portraits of people with a lot of life experience that integrate the actual words of their stories into the lines and wrinkles of their faces.

Monday, May 23, 2011

And So It begins!

With one week to go before being matched with a venue, I am really digging into my ArtPrize entry. I am all nerves. Entering this competition has the potential to rocket an artist into career stardom or to uplift their hopes and dreams in the face of bitter disappointment. Most likely, this will only be my first attempt at ArtPrize but, I'm already feeling the pressure. Right now, my goal is simply to do my very, very best and to showcase the message of my artwork- Every Face tells the story of a lifetime and that story is important.

So, without further ado, I begin. I will be posting every step along the way. Hopefully, this blog will keep you inspired and interested in ArtPrize and the work I am preparing for it. Of course, getting your vote would be awesome! But, ultimately, I hope that you will be inspired to take a closer look at the people in your life with stories to tell and actually take the time to listen. It is amazing what you can learn by the stories of lives well lived. Thank you so very much for your interest and support!

Lauren Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, you do some of your best work when you are under pressure. I think that you have come up with a very interesting idea and concept. It will be interesting to see the portraits and read about their lives. Even lives not well lived have merit in their story, even inspiration (how not to do life?). It will be interesting to see who you pick as subjects!

    ReplyDelete